YouTube Round Videos:
Each eligible contestant will receive a confirmation email after registration is completed. This is a family-friendly, G-rated competition. In the event of cursing, pseudo-swearing, mention of any derogatory remarks will not be accepted. Your submission will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Record a 2-3 minute video of yourself. Introduce yourself with full name and perform a song acappella. The song can be your own or a cover. No background music allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The video must clearly show your face. A camera in set position throughout showing you in full frame is recommended.
- Singers are required to sing their selections from memory on the competition video entries. If a singer’s performance is not memorized, the entry will be disqualified.
- The video should be in the spirit of an audition. It may be shot in a home, school, church, synagogue, recital hall, or some other appropriate location, with or without an audience. Please take into account the acoustics of the room. A small room with dead acoustics will not flatter a voice.
- We encourage you to dress appropriately, as you would for an audition.
- Contestants under the age of 18 must have their parent’s permission.
- When ready, you must upload the file onto YouTube to share. Please note that you must select “Public” in the Privacy settings found under the broadcasting and Sharing Options section when uploading your video file to YouTube. If you select “Unlisted” or “Private” your submission will be invalid.
- ALL video links must be inserted into your online application on BronxIdol.Eventbrite.com. Please double-check the links you provide.
- Applications for Bronx Idol will be accepted from 12:01am on Monday July 13, 2015 until 11:59pm on Saturday, August 22, 2015. No entries will be accepted prior to July 13, 2015 or anytime after August 22, 2015.
- Once registration closes, our judges will select entrants to perform Live at a location to be determined on Saturday, August 29, 2015 during the Bronx Idol Finale.
- On Saturday, August 29, 2015, judges will announce the first ever Bronx Idol.
- The winner will receive a cash prize of $500.
For any further questions, please contact BronxIdol@ImageMarketingInc.com